These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Browser prompts for credentials on upload and freezes

It seems that I have a permissions issue on upload- once the first file in a group is uploaded the browser prompts for credentials again, then freezes when I re-enter them. It seems that the files are written to a temporary location to which the user doesn't have permissions. I'm running in 'AD Integration' mode/Windows authentication.

Please advise
lorennerol 6/20/2008 12:04 PM
There is no temporary file upload location, files are saved directly to the target folder. I guess this may be related to flash upload which loses authentication information. Please see if you have the same problem with browser upload. You can turn off flash upload by temporarily disabling Flash plugin in your browser. Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 6/25/2008 6:24 AM
Same issue with Flash disabled in IE7. I've also tried with SeaMonkey- it has the same issue.

Running Vista SP1.

I had a functioning install of 2.x trial before purchasing and installing 3.x Unlimited user.

Loren
lorennerol 6/25/2008 3:06 PM
Unfortunately, Adobe Flash does not properly handle HTTP Authentication. You will get the HTTP Authentication prompt but most often it won't authenticate.

This means when using FileVista in AD Integration mode/Windows authentication, you will not be able to use Flash upload mode, you will need to use Browser upload mode (as in v2.x).

I have sent you an updated file via email. After this update, you will be able to force Browser upload mode by adding this line:

<add key="UploadMethod" value="Browser" />

to FileVista\App_Data\FileVista.config.

Please try after forcing Browser upload mode and let me know the results.
Cem Alacayir 6/26/2008 7:50 AM
Hi Cem-

I haven't received an email at the address used to purchase the software, or the address I used to post. Can you please resend the new file?

Thanks-

Loren
lorennerol 6/26/2008 9:05 AM
That fixed it!

Thank you very much!!!
lorennerol 6/26/2008 12:02 PM